Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We are the professional Hot Dog Cookers

So, my days at Freebirds were re-lived today.  I rolled 400 hotdogs into foil.  Yea, I said 400.  FOUR HUNDRED!  This is not the first time we've cooked hundreds of hotdogs, but this is the first time I was forced happily rolled them.  My husband regularly has to cook hotdogs for his job for different events, where he needs to serve hundreds of people cheap, easy food.  I believe the most we've cooked and served was 800, but that's a different story.  So, my kitchen became a little like the restaurant kitchens I've worked in over the years, between the stove, foil trays, wrappers, and assembly lines, burning myself numerous times, and the entire place smelling of hotdogs. 
Here are some of the frozen dogs.  MMM MMMM!

Here's me!  Boiling water, a mass of frozen dogs.  This is how people get hurt.

Oh the sweet smell of dogs.
Assembly line baby.  That's how we did all this in one hour.  And of course becuase the little munchkin was sleeping too.  We'd still be doing this tomorrow if he was awake during this.

Final product.  13 trays of bunned, wrapped and packs dogs. 

So, next time you get a hankering for hot dogs, just remember: someone spent a lot of time working on that dog.

Until the next shenanigans..

1 comment: