Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So I have actually been cooking.....

Usually, we just microwave something that I cooked before, sitting in front of the boob tube and eating.  Lately, I have actually been cooking.  Like real dinners, at the table, with more than just one course.  We set the table, real plates and silverware, and even sometimes napkins!!!  It's kind of enjoyable, when you don't have a fussing baby, somewhere else to be and you turn the tv off.  We have a real conversation.  I guess what they say about eating dinners together and them being good for a family is true!

Here's what we have been having:

Crab Rangoons: crab, cream cheese, scallions, garlic salt, worchestershire sauce, cayenne pepper



Place on wonton wrappers and wet the edges with water.

Bring the corners together.

Seal the edges. 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.  I served them with baked brown rice and veggies with some soy sauce.   
I also made a dipping sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil, horse radish, and scallions.

Also on the menu for the week:

Turkey meatballs, spaghetti, and steamed asparagus.




So I guess what I'm telling you is, turn off the tv, cook a meal, and sit down at the table with someone.



2 comments:

  1. crab rangoon?!?! those are favorite! wanna send me the recipe? and i agree. sitting down to a real meal is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete