Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The worst feeling in the world (well...one of them)


The worst feeling in the world: having to pee while on your run and you are far, far away from your house. We have lived on the island for about 2.5 years.  For most of it there has been very little building of new houses.  Recently, however, (past 3 months or so) there has been a slurry of new houses being built.  I went out running the other day (by myself!!! So weird running by myself since I usually run with either the dogs or the stroller [and the baby in it....why in the world would you think I'd run with an empty stroller, silly]). Anyways, as I was walking out the door, I knew I needed to go to the bathroom, but I left anyways because it didn't really seem urgent. So I get about 1/3 into my run and realize I shouldn't have ignored my bodily function. I consider going back...too far. I continue running. I consider running to the gas station to use their bathroom, that's further. I continue running. What to do??? Find a large bush? It hasn't rained in months and there is a terrible drought...no bushes of privates-hiding signifacance. I remember the resurgence of new homes being built on the island. I continue running, but now I am eyeing empty lots like a hawk. Finally, I spot one. 1/4 of a mile away, across the street. A port-o-potty. Johnny on the spot, p-pot, porta-John, portaJane, port-o-let, port-a-loo, portaloo,porta-potty, tidy John, biffs, johnny-on-the-spot, portable sanitation unit. I have found sweet relief.

And my run continues, without urgency.
( This is not the actual one I used.  There are no trees on the island...unless you count palm trees.  And where I'm originally from, palm trees are not considered trees.)

2 comments:

  1. been there ... done that (not in THAT jot.) ... the one i hunted down had to be PRIED open. yes. it was that bad.

    glad you found relief ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahah palm trees are def not real trees. your right

    ReplyDelete