Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...and the award goes to..........

This is a gutter.
This is not the actual gutter....but for the sake of the story.

This is my running stroller.  I love this thing.  Munchkin loves this thing.  We go out running often.  But today was "Mother of the Year" award day.  AND I WON!!!
We're running.  Well, I'm running, he's chillin' in the stroller messing with his toys, sucking his fingers, etc.  We're running in the bike lane on the side of the road.  All of a sudden I run over something with the stroller...
Mr. Musical Octopus.  He got pitched out of the stroller and I ran over him.  So what else would you do when you're running and a toy gets pitched out?  Stop!  And stop I did.  And I stopped so quickly I flung Munchkin out into the gutter...
(again...not said gutter)

Munchkin has taken to rolling over on his stomach in his stroller and dangling his legs off the edge.  I didn't see him doing this because of the sun shade.  Gotta protect my little pale skinned baby from the mean ol' sun.  (Yes, I know what you're asking.  "Why wasn't he strapped in? They have seat belts/straps for a reason you moron!"  Well quite frankly, nothing like this has ever happened before so in my professional opinion, they were just something uncomfortable he had to lay on.)

This is a picture of the unused but in the future will be used straps.  5 points baby!


So when I stopped short to get Mr. Musical Octopus that was pitched out of the stroller, Munchkin went feet first and rolled into the gutter.  I just looked at him lying face up in the gutter and was in shock.  As was he.  I picked up the poor thing (the baby not the octopus) and snuggled with him until he stopped crying.  He wasn't even hurt, not even a bump or red spot on his head.  He was more scared than anything.  Then I started crying because I couldn't believe that I just flung my baby out into the gutter.  My sister thought it was funny.  She even said "well the gutter was clean wasn't it?"  Yea...it was really clean.  No water or gunk.  She said that every mother has to have some story of "dropping the baby" for each of their kids.  Then we recalled our own childhood stories of our mother winning the "Mother of the Year award."  They're funny now.  And I'm sure the Munchkin and I will laugh about this later.    But until then, I walked back home, put my pajamas back on, and I'm going to start the day over...or I may just stay in my pajamas and call it a day.  


It's tough being Mother of the Year!




2 comments:

  1. you are the best mother! i'm glad mr big head was ok, i think that he may have been trying to escape to find brown dog or that plastic easter egg half. love you baby, great story! - jeremy xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...thanks! You read my blog! I love you!

    ReplyDelete