Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thanks for Nothing

Pinterest is the bane of my existence.  (Maybe that's extreme but go with it)  I have found so many awesome things I want to cook, create, do, try, whatever.  Unfortunately, LIFE doesn't let that happen.  I mean seriously, WHO has time for this crap?


I started this wreath, then I learned that it takes about 5 minutes to make EACH swirly thingy.  I got 1/8th of the way through my wreath and gave up.
Here is my attempt.  It has been banished to the pile of crap (one of many) in our guest bedroom/pile o' crap room


This is a totally awesome idea.  I can sew too.  But I don't have the time or money to buy the fabric and make it.

 Now this I want to try...just need to drink more wine! No actual problem there.  : )
 These are SO adorable.  But who has time in the morning to make the biscuits? Or whatever they are?
 Doesn't this just look like a DELICIOUS heart attack waiting to happen?
 I thought this was just hilarious.  Those of you who haven't had babies...this is a pretty good rendition...only you feel like this for WEEKS....MONTHS!
 We LOVE Scrabble.  I mean...we will turn off our favorite TV show, put the baby to bed (when he actually will sleep) or just ignore him and play Scrabble.  Unfortunately, I need tools, time, paint, and a non-sand ridden, dog poopy yard that I don't have to do this.
 THIS.....is a small section of our lovely backyard.  I was too embarrassed to take a picture of the whole thing.  As you can see we have 4 foot tall weeds, a moat dug out by the dogs, fencing with rope and bungee cords tied to it.  (The rope is attached to a big blue tarp that is hanging from the over hang of the room.  It shades the back of our house from the pungent sun and keeps it from turning our house into a sauna.  The fencing was originally there to keep the dogs out of a portion of our yard.  They landscaped that area too.)
 I actually did this one because it took me about an hour.  The colors weren't nearly as pretty (I think they photo shopped this stuff) and they got further bleached by the sun because I live on AN ISLAND.
 As you can see.
 I have one of these which causes me to NOT be able to so anything else.  But I love him beyond measures.
 By the way...they are not gay.  Sesame Street issued a statement recently.
 I would LOVE to paint our desk this color.  But that means moving all the junk out and off of the desk, finding a pseudo home for it.  Sanding, HEAT, money, priming, HEAT, sweat, money, painting, HEAT, sweat, painting again, HEAT, moving all things back.  We're talking months here people...unless its those magical few days it cools and DE-humidifys here.  Like were talking 2 days out of the year. 

 I actually DO do this.  Did you know you can chop and freeze green onions??  I occasionally buy them for a recipe and they always go bad before I can even use them.  I don't store them in a stupid water bottle (Glad baggie for me), but it totally works!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pumpkins.  It's weird.  It's almost a fetish.  I love fall or autumn time.  I love the cooler weather (not really here but in Oklahoma and where I was originally from), the changing of the leaves (yet again, the palm trees don't change color), and the pumpkins.  This is a dryer duct vent thingy painted orange.  Don't make fun, but I seriously asked for the items to make this for my anniversary which is tomorrow.  HOPE I GET IT, HONEY!!!!! ;)

This of course is not all the cool, adorable, awesome things I want to try.  But many times checking out Pinterest leads to depression and a lack of a sense of accomplishment.  But then I look at my son and it's cured.  (and my diploma on the wall from the greatest University on the planet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment