Monday, September 26, 2011


Brownie Frosting

My husband wanted cookies tonight.  But we were out of store bought kind.  I offered to make cookies, because I'm just that kind of wife. : D  Then I decided I would make brownies because how can you really go wrong with brownies!  I like to make my brownies from scratch.  They're super simple, and actually really soothing to make.  You melt the butter in a saucepan, then mix in all the ingredients and then just pour it in a pan.  Seriously, that's all there is to homemade brownies.  However, a few years ago I decided, I just don't like brownies without frosting.  Some may say I'm crazy.  Brownies are perfect without frosting.  But I beg to differ.  I found this recipe for brownie frosting one night about a year ago on Allrecipes.com.  It reminded me of Little Debbie brownies.  The frosting they have on Little Debbie brownies is a thick fudge like pile of goo that I would eat off first before I ate the rest of the brownie that was in my lunch box.  So stinking good.  And now, I have become Little Debbie on "De Island."  I can make my own brownies with the thick fudge like pile of goo on top.

Disclaimer:  As with many of my posts, they are done late at night.  After I've had a long day of wrangling the Munchkin, I'm worn out.  I will happily admit that the pictures below are sub-par.  Heck, they're just plain crappy!  I mean seriously, a monkey could have taken better pictures.  Maybe sometime, when I'm not so worn out, I'll be able to take better pictures, but until then...work with me.

Brownie Frosting:
3T. butter softened
3T. cocoa powder
1T. honey
1t. vanilla
1c. powdered sugar

Mix all this together.  I used a stand mixer.  I only have a stand mixer.  The thing is the best present my husband has ever gotten me.  If you cook or bake at all I forbid you to continue reading this post and looking at these crappy pictures until you go and get a stand mixer.  You will love it!  LOVE IT!
 The frosting will be really really think.  You will look at it and think, "This woman is crazy.  I'm going to add some milk or something because this is like playdough."  DON"T....leave it.
 Pull your homemade brownies out of the oven.  I know you made homemade brownies because I just touted earlier that they were really simple and stuff.  I KNOW you didn't just open a package and add oil and eggs, thrown it in the oven and are going to pass it off as homemade brownies.
 Immediately after you pull the hot brownies out of the oven, dollop the frosting onto the brownies.  Yes, it looks like poop.  I know.  Moving on.

 Let the frosting sit for a couple minutes to get warm and soft on the brownies.  Then spread the goo all over the brownies very gently until it's all covered.  See I told you these were crappy pictures.  But pictures aside, this is so stinking good!  We ate half the pan in about 20 minutes.  They're really good when they cool off too because it gets this and fudge like on top.  Oh man, I'm drooling right now.  So go now, make some brownies with this frosting.  I promise soon you will forget the pictures and only want to think about the deliciousness you are eating!






No comments:

Post a Comment