Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leave the Poop! Play with the baby!

How does a baby poop on the carpet, while still wearing a diaper?  I don't really know.  My 8 month old son will now come crawl to me to basically let me know he's poopy.  Which is really nice if I figure it out.  So in crawls the Munchkin while I was cleaning up the bathroom.  I picked him up and smelled it.  So I went to the living room to change his diaper.  I took off his diaper and thought..."Hey...that's weird...the poop is only on one side of the diaper and there's not much of it."  Then I look over to my left!  There a nice brown poop smear on the carpet by his basket of toys.  Then I look to my right and see yet another smear near the chair he likes to pull up on.  So I start yelling,
"YOU POOPED ON THE FLOOR." 
To which he thought this was just hilarious.  So instead of cleaning up the poop right away I continued to yell at him and he continued to giggle a sweet, happy big giggle I've never heard before.

I will happily clean up the poop later for that kind of giggle.  Once that was over I figured out what happened.
         As you can see, on the left is a normal diaper on a baby.  On the Right is what I came across this evening.  Notice the diaper had gotten squished over to the side somehow, allowing part of his crack to hang out.  This also caused him to get poop smears all over himself.  Not to mention the poop smears that were on the carpet.  I'm starting to wonder if I missed anymore smears.  We will find out later now won't we.  When we step in it unknowingly and keep wondering how it's possible for our foot to smell like poop!

3 comments:

  1. i personally love the two diaper figures well done!!

    LILY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the diaper figures as well - you could be a diaper designer in your spare time. Also, are those UP and UP diapers from Target with the little blue and green circles?

    -jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why yes they are Target Up and UP diapers. I'm pretty much exclusive with them! They are fabulous. I have had less problems with them than with any other diaper!

    ReplyDelete