Thursday, September 1, 2011

Unfinished Business

Do you have this habit?  Do you get something done in your house, completely finished, except for one small thing?  Do you let those small, unfinished things pile up until is creates another project for you to do?  Let me illustrate.

This is the broom I left out after sweeping the floors so I could mop them.  (I know..I have a baby that crawls on the floor so he should just mop them with his body.  However, when we sits up and puts his fingers in his mouth and his poor little hands are covered in dog hair, dirt, and whatever else is all over our floor, guilt takes over.  Not to mention I walk around barefoot and I can't stand walking all over that junk and getting it stuck to the bottoms of my feet.)  Moving on:
This is the pile of dirt/sand from the kitchen floor that I swept up into the corner with the broom I left out.  Yes, I left it there.  It's about 5 steps to where the dust pan is to sweep it up.  But I didn't do it.  Next:
This is the pile of clothes from our bedroom floor that I picked up to be able to sweep then mop our floor.  It's still there.  I mopped on Monday.  (To be completely honest, half this pile has been sitting there for weeks...and weeks...................and weeks.)  How about another:
 Here is the laundry basket full of more crap.  It's the junk I picked up from the floor in the kitchen, living room, dining room (it's one giant room).  It's still sitting on my kitchen table.
 Here is the mop and bucket I used to mop the floors with.  Still sitting around.  

Now this is by no means the only things left around.  But as you can see, I swept, mopped, picked up our bedroom floor, but for some reason I just can't seem to finish completely what I start.  Now, I will spend probably an hour putting all of these things away along with the other junk that I just never finished.  Half finished curtains sitting on the kitchen table, yesterdays dirty dishes I haven't put in the dish washer, my coffee cup from yesterday morning still sitting on my desk, the wine glass from two days ago still sitting here (don't worry, there's several clean glasses in my house, so don't think a dirty glass will hinder my consumption), the hose is still unraveled all over the sidewalk after I watered the plants.  

I need a maid.  Any takers??  I can pay you in smiles (from me and the Munchkin), dish washing liquid from my couponing, trips to the beach, and dead roaches hiding somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment