Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leave me alone

For some reason, strange women have decided to comment on the size of my son.  I was in the grocery store the other day and some weirdo woman right when I walked in said,
"Oh...how old is he?"
"8 months old."
"REALLY?!?!?!  He's so SMALL!  He's small isn't he?"  In a very suprised tone.
"Uh.....well...."  What was she talking about?  My kid isn't tiny...he's actually average.  Ya know...right in the middle for size.
"My kids were big.  He's just so small.  He's doing really well isn't he?"  Looking flabbergasted that my miniscule baby can hold his head up, let alone sit up in the shopping cart and play.
"Yea, he's doing well.  What the hell is your problem?  You think he's an idiot or something?"  I didn't say that last part but I wanted to.


Ok...so whatever, people say weird things all the time.  I walked off to continue my shopping, with my apparently highly developed yet tiny son.


Then yesterday, my husband and I are out on a walk in the evening in our neighborhood, minding our own business.  Here come this woman, running on the other side of the street.  Wrong side for pedestrians mind you, just so you know who we're working with.
"OH HI GUYS!"
"Uh....Hey?" Who is this stinky sweaty woman who seems to know us well enough to stop her run and come across the street.
"How's the baby doing?  How's the puppy doing?"  Then it hit us.  No pun intended.  This is the woman who hit our dog with her car and ran over him.  Yanked his hip out of socket and whatnot.  He made a full recovery to the suprise of the vet.  Anyways....
"He's good.  He's good."  They're both he's, my son and dog.
"Oh....he's cute!  He's small isn't he?  Is he small for his age?  I don't know, we didn't have any kids.  He just looks small."
"No...he's right in the middle.  Average size."
"Oh well he just seemed small.  Well if you ever want me to watch him just give me a call.  We're right down the street..."  Um...don't have your phone number you crazy, dog running over lady.  Nor would I let you watch my son because I have NO CLUE who you are.  For all I know you are going to kidnap my son and send him off to be a carney.
"Well, have a good run." 


So now there are two crazy women who think my son is small and apparently had to tell me about it because I guess we didn't notice the size of our tiny son.  Although, he's not actually tiny.  So I'm confused now.

No comments:

Post a Comment