Monday, September 12, 2011

Potato Salad

I've been looking for ways to save money lately.  Magically, I did two of them today without too much effort.  The first was line drying our clothes.  It's usually WAY too humid to line dry our clothes around here because we live on an island.  However lately it's been pretty dry.  It worked like a charm.  I hung them out to dry and then tossed them into the dryer for about 5 minutes to fluff them up.
You can see the tarp in the background (that I mentioned in a past post) as well hanging from our house to shade the windows of our house.  It works so well too.  You can quickly tell a different in temperature in the living room when we have that thing hung up.  Ugly yes, saves us money, YES!


Also, this afternoon, I made potato salad.  I know, not super exciting.  But I haven't made potato salad in probably 2 years.  Oddly enough, I happened to have everything I needed to make an awesome batch today.  it was so so good.  I ate WAY too much of it.  I then realized how cheap it is to make potato salad and just how much it makes.  I think it's on my list of go to cheapo things to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment