Thursday, September 8, 2011

Opposites do attract

This is my laundry pile that greeted me this morning with a sinister laugh.

As you can see it's about 27 inches tall, by the yard stick I inserted into the pile.  I didn't measure how wide.  It would just be too much for me.

These are the folded piles sitting on the living room floor:

Here is the pile of stuff to hang (it needs to be ironed but that would be like me learning to speak Farsi in about a day...ain't gonna happen).  Also in there are sheets that need to be put back on the guest bed all flung over the recliner.

Here in lies the problem.  I don't mind washing or drying clothes.  I actually like it because since I got a lot of Gain cheap through my couponing, which I LOVE the smell, it's fun to see fluffy clean clothes come out.  I really don't mind folding either.  It's calming.  I HATE putting clothes away.  I hate picking up the  piles and walking them to the rooms they go in.  I hate putting them in the correct drawers.  I hate hanging stuff up.  I hate putting sheets on.  I hate putting the clothes away.  Period.  There have been times where I leave the piles sitting on the floor for so long, and they got trampled on so much by us, the dogs, or Munchkin that I've had to refold them.  

Luckily, I have the solution.  My husband.  He puts the clothes away.  I don't even have to ask.  Not sure how that happened, or why, but I'm not going to ask questions.  He just comes home, and puts them away.  Maybe it's because he realizes that it would take an act of Congress to get me to do it.  Maybe it's because he would like to actually go to his dresser and find clothes there instead of on the living room floor. Maybe it's because he would like to actually have a living room floor to walk on and a recliner to sit on instead of a giant laundry pile.  Maybe because he doesn't mind doing it where as I hate it.  No matter the answer, I love him for the fact that he puts the laundry away.  

My hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment